This Master integrates concepts that are linked to design, operation and management of projects, from the formulation of the project to the subsequent analysis of it regardless of its origins and purpose.
From this integrated perspective of project design, management and administration, the program aims to form professionals with high social and ethical commitment, and give them an overview of what the intervention of a city means. In this sense, the program educates with concrete methodologies for delivering solutions to urban and architectural problems, allowing to redesign the physical spaces occupied by humans in the present.
The program is particularly aimed at professionals with considerable interest in the orderly urban growth and physical change of the city, through all its interventions, based on the methodology of urban-architectural projects.
- Offer knowledge on urban growth and physical modification of the city, through interventions based on the methodology of Urban-Architectural projects, from an integrated perspective of the design, management and project management, to train professionals with high ethical and social commitment, and a global vision of city intervention.
- Provide education in new or unfamiliar environments of design, project management, from the elaboration phase to the analysis, despite the origin and purpose, in order for the student to apply the knowledge acquired, formulating judgments, making decisions and solving urban and architectural problems, which allow to redesign physical spaces.
- Provide scientific research tools that allows the student produce creative work in an ethical manner; demonstrating mastering of the material.
At the end of the program students will be capable of:
- Define basic concepts in architecture and urban planning projects.
- Design a pre-project considering its basic aspects, from the definition of the situation to the presentation of a solution proposal, recognizing the necessary elements that must be defined and specified to manage and materialize the proposal.
- Recognize and analyze the basic aspects of an architecture and urban planning project, to define strategically the necessary services, ergonomic aspects and functional aspects of the project.
- Analyze the key aspects of architecture and urban planning project management; identification of interested parties, user requisites, management of team works and basic issues that defined the feasibility and viability.
- Identify the elements that contribute quality, security and feasibility to the project, as well as those that represent important risks, while analyzing the possible impact to the environment and the existent sustainable development and eco-design systems.
- Incorporate basic project management and administration tools to manage resources, calendar and the TIC available for urban planning and architecture projects.
The formation methodology proposed by the Master in Project Design, Administration and Management with a specialty in Arquitecture and Urban Planning, in addition to the clarity, amplitude and didactics of the content design allows this master to be aimed at professionals with college educations of all areas of knowledge, that have the interest of getting involved in the project world in a responsible manner and with a high study discipline, who wish to perform in the teaching and project investigation field and/or in the professional field, exercising executive positions and project counseling.
It is established about time distribution that:
- Despite that this is a distance education Program, and is not subject to classroom learning, it follows a collaborative and cooperative learning methodology by which a concrete initial date is established in the indicated call notice, following the enrollment completion, as long as there are available spaces. The Design phase of the program is opened after surpassing the requirement of two courses of the Management part.
- For academic and learning purposes, there is a minimum length requirement of twenty one months.
- The maximum time that is allowed to complete the Program is twenty four months. During this time period, the student must have successfully completed all the evaluated activities and approved the Master's Thesis.
General Education: 18 credits
Required: 49 credits
Electives: 0 credits
|MASTER IN PROJECT DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING|
|DD050||Introduction to projects||N/A||1||15|
|DD051||Project system design||N/A||2||30|
|DD052||Analysis of provision of services||N/A||2||30|
|DD053||Functional analysis of the project||N/A||2||30|
|DD055||Project security and reliability||N/A||2||30|
|DD056||Environment in a project||N/A||2||30|
|DD058||Project draft preparation||N/A||3||45|
|DD070||Introduction to project management||N/A||1||15|
|TR038||Project planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|AU001||Architecture and urbanism interrelations||N/A||2||30|
|DD073||Project monitoring and control||N/A||2||30|
|AU002||The urban environment project - architectural||N/A||2||30|
|DD075||Trust management: risk and quality||N/A||2||30|
|AU003||Impact of technology on urban architectural projects||N/A||2||30|
|AU004||Contextual components of a project: economic, social, institutional and cultural||N/A||2||30|
|AU006||Architectural-urban project theory||N/A||1||15|
|DD076||Management without distances||N/A||1||15|
|DD044||Public speaking techniques||N/A||1||15|
|TR026||Business administration and management||N/A||3||45|
|DD014||Strategic planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|AU007||Preservation of the architectural urban heritage||N/A||2||30|
|DD041||Management techniques for work teams||N/A||2||30|
|DD068||Knowledge management and organizational learning||N/A||2||30|
|AU008||The function of the state||N/A||3||45|
|FP092||Methodology of Scientific Research||N/A||3||45|
MASTER IN PROJECT DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING