This master provides the fundaments of business innovation which confirm that organizational strategies and NICT strategies are aligned and coherent with the development of a business, from strategic management to the management of people with an emphasis on continuous and permanent change.
The program is particularly aimed at professionals of various degrees (engineers, lawyers, graduates, etc.) who wish to acquire the knowledge, skills and capabilities needed to manage an executive position of systems and ICT, direct an organizational change project using ICT or advise companies that need to respond to the competitiveness of new businesses.
- Seek knowledge to professionals in different work fields, as well as skills and capacities needed to manage a managerial position of ICT systems and lead a project of organizational change using ICT or who wish to advise companies that require to respond to the competitiveness of new businesses.
- Provide the foundations of business innovation that give certainty that the strategies and ICT strategies are aligned and consistent with the business development, from the strategic management to the staff management with an emphasis on continuous and permanent changes.
- Provide education in new or unfamiliar environments, in order for the student to apply the knowledge acquired, formulating judgments, making decisions and solving problems while understanding the strategic process of organizational management, assuming a role in strategic management and proposals that integrate general and local business management processes; besides provide scientific research tools that allows the student produce creative work in an ethical manner; demonstrating mastering of the material.
At the end of the program students will be capable of:
- Analyze problems, and identify and define the appropriate technology and requirements for an information system
- Evaluate technological solutions, systems, processes, components or programs to meet company's requirement and needs and its impacts on the organization.
- Combine strategic planning and management techniques and skills in the area of information systems.
- Evaluate current and emergent technologies relevant to the operation field in the organization.
- Distinguish and address professional, ethical, legal and social responsibility.
- Combine software engineering techniques and skills to develop, design and manage databases, software and information systems (*).
The training methodology proposed summed up to the clarity, amplitude and didactic of the content design, allows the Master in Strategic Management with a specialty in Information Technology be addressed to all types of professionals (engineers, doctors, lawyers, graduates, among others) that wish to acquire the knowledge, skills and capabilities needed to manage an administrative System and ICT position, manage an organizational change Project using ICT, or that wish to advise companies that need to respond to the competiveness of new businesses.
This program looks for people that associate business strategies with technological developments, that bring technology closer to the needs of several business areas to achieve the strategic objectives, and that they push and pull strategies from ICT.
Because of its executive guidance, the Master in Strategic Management with a specialty in Information Technology aims to train dynamic, creative and motivated professionals, improve and/or lead business projects brought on by IT.
The maximum time that is allowed to complete the Program is twenty four months. During this time period, the student must have successfully completed all the evaluated activities and approved the Master's Thesis.
The program structure is the following:
General Education: Minimum 19 credits
Required: 27 credits
Electives: 20 credits
|MASTER IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY|
|TR026||Business administration and management||N/A||3||45|
|DD002||Management and cost control||N/A||2||30|
|TR046||Strategic management of human resources||N/A||2||30|
|DD040||Conflict resolution and negotiation techniques||N/A||2||30|
|DD032||Performance evaluation and management by competencies||N/A||2||30|
|TR024||Management techniques and organizational leadership||N/A||2||30|
|DD090||Business ethics and corporate social responsibilities||N/A||3||45|
|DD041||Management techniques for work teams||N/A||2||30|
|DD076||Management without distances||N/A||1||15|
|DD026||Virtual environments of collaborative work||N/A||1||15|
|DD042||Time management and conducting meetings||N/A||2||30|
|DD043||Stress and burnout||N/A||2||30|
|DD044||Public speaking techniques||N/A||1||15|
|IP082||Quality management: ISO 9001||N/A||3||45|
|DD133||Occupational risk prevention: OHSAS 18001||N/A||2||30|
|MA098||Environmental management. ISO 14001||N/A||3||45|
|DD012||Management and administration of operations||N/A||2||30|
|DD014||Strategic planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|TR038||Project planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|TI013||Reengineering, strategy and management of systems and ICT||N/A||3||45|
|TI025||E-business and its integration with corporate management systems||N/A||3||45|
|TI017||Integration of business management systems||N/A||5||75|
|DD162||Marketing strategy development||N/A||2||30|
|TI030||Network security and management||N/A||3||45|
|TI011||Society of change and information||N/A||3||45|
|DD068||Knowledge management and organizational learning||N/A||2||30|
|TI004/DD163||International marketing and commerce||N/A||4||60|
|TI014||Electronic marketing and commerce||N/A||4||60|
|TI023||Study and case resolution (I, II, III)||N/A||10||150|
|REQUIRED||SPECIALTY IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES|
|TI015||Electronic security and legislation||N/A||4||60|
|TI018||Innovation, culture and work management in the communication society||N/A||2||30|
|TI043||Management and administration of it projects ICT||N/A||4||60|
|ELECTIVES||OPTIONAL MODULE - SOFTWARE BUSINESS|
|TI034||Languages and programming paradigms||N/A||2||30|
|TI035||Architectures, networks and distributive systems||N/A||3||45|
|TI036||Web technology and engineering||N/A||3||45|
|TI037||Integral design and analysis of systems and requirements||N/A||3||45|
|TI038||Data model and database design||N/A||3||45|
|TI040||Database management and information resources||N/A||3||45|
|TI041||Business software processes||N/A||3||45|
|FP092||Methodology of Scientific Research||N/A||3||45|
The credit structure of this optional module is the following:
MASTER IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- “It is an excellent program, it creates a level that is currently necessary for the effective and efficient management of IT areas in organizations”. End of Course Survey, June 2015
- “Excellent, satisfied with everything learned, the communication, and the diploma issuing process”. End of Course Survey, June 2015
- “Excellent program, it helped me with the topic on information system management”. End of Course Survey, June 2015
- “Very good, enriching in terms of knowledge and also applicable to real life as well”. End of Course Survey, June 2015