The program stems from the need for comprehensive knowledge of the different technological possibilities of current and future networks. It provides special attention to the different services that provide network and telecommunications, and the new business opportunities that they offer to businesses. With this vision, the program provides the foundation for business innovation based on sound management and aligning organizational strategies with the strategies of Telecommunications.
The program is particularly aimed at those who want to understand networks and telecommunication services in the context of organizations and global society, with a strategic perspective integrated in the current social and economic dynamics. It also allows meeting the needs of all those who wish to propose and implementing organizational strategies based on Telecommunications and/or integrating Telecommunications into a business.
- Provide knowledge on the understanding of telecommunications networks and services, for people who want to understand in the context of the organizations and the global society, with an integrated strategic perspective to the current economic and social dynamics, acquiring a comprehensive knowledge of the different technological possibilities of networks today and in the future.
- Provide education in new or unfamiliar environments, in order for the student to propose and apply organizational strategies based in Telecommunications and/or integrate Telecommunications in a business, formulating judgments, making decisions and solving problems.
- Provide special attention to different services that provide the networks and telecommunications, and the new business opportunities that they offer to the companies. Also provide the basis for business innovation based on strategic management and alignment of organizational strategies with the strategies of Telecommunications and provide the tools for scientific research that will enable the student to conduct research or to produce creative work, demonstrating mastery of the material and ethical manner.
At the end of the program students will be capable of:
- Evaluate current and next generation telecommunications applications and services.
- Manage proposals, solutions, planning and development of telecommunications projects.
- Combine the principles and techniques of Project Management to manage telecommunications projects.
- Combine the principles and techniques of Project Management to manage human resources and security.
- Evaluate the legal, regulatory and environmental framework of telecommunications industry.
The proposed methodological training, coupled with the clarity, amplitude and didactics of the content design, allows the Master in Strategic Management with a specialty in Telecommunications, to be directed at individual who desire to acquire the fundamentals and necessary knowledge to understand the networks and services of Telecommunications within the context of organizations and a global society, with a strategic perspective integrated to the current social and economic dynamics. It also allows you to respond to the needs of all those people who wish to propose organizational strategies based on Telecommunications and/or integrate telecommunications into a business.
This program is geared toward responding to the new needs of professional people working in the broad sector of the Telecommunications industry.
By its executive guidance, the Master in Strategic Telecommunication Management is aimed to train dynamic, creative, and motivated professionals who desire to lead telecommunications business projects.
The maximum time that is allowed to complete the Program is twenty four months. During this time period, the student must have successfully completed all the evaluated activities and approved the Master's Thesis.
The program structure is the following:
General Education: 32 credits
Required: 34 credits
Electives: 0 credits
|MASTER IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS|
|TR026||Business administration and management||N/A||3||45|
|DD002||Management and cost control||N/A||2||30|
|TR046||Strategic management of human resources||N/A||2||30|
|DD040||Conflict resolution and negotiation techniques||N/A||2||30|
|DD032||Performance evaluation and management by competencies||N/A||2||30|
|TR024||Management techniques and organizational leadership||N/A||2||30|
|DD090||Business ethics and corporate social responsibilities||N/A||3||45|
|DD041||Management techniques for work teams||N/A||2||30|
|DD076||Management without distances||N/A||1||15|
|DD026||Virtual environments of collaborative work||N/A||1||15|
|DD042||Time management and conducting meetings||N/A||2||30|
|DD043||Stress and burnout||N/A||2||30|
|DD044||Public speaking techniques||N/A||1||15|
|IP082||Quality management: ISO 9001||N/A||3||45|
|DD133||Occupational risk prevention: OHSAS 18001||N/A||2||30|
|MA098||Environmental management. ISO 14001||N/A||3||45|
|DD012||Management and administration of operations||N/A||2||30|
|DD014||Strategic planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|TR038||Project planning and management||N/A||3||45|
|TI013||Reengineering, strategy and management of systems and ICT||N/A||3||45|
|TI025||E-business and its integration with corporate management systems||N/A||3||45|
|TI017||Integration of business management systems||N/A||5||75|
|DD162||Marketing strategy development||N/A||2||30|
|TI030||Network security and management||N/A||3||45|
|TI011||Society of change and information||N/A||3||45|
|DD068||Knowledge management and organizational learning||N/A||2||30|
|TI004/DD163||International marketing and commerce||N/A||4||60|
|TI014||Electronic marketing and commerce||N/A||4||60|
|SPECIALTY IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS|
|TI027||Technical-business structure of telecommunications||N/A||3||45|
|TI031||Telecommunications marketing regulations||N/A||2||30|
|TI020||Management of e-business projects||N/A||4||60|
|FP092||Methodology of Scientific Research||N/A||3||45|
MASTER IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIALTY IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- “I am thankful for the opportunity offered to me by the university, since it has permitted me to improve my educational level with high quality and in my area of interest”. End of Course Survey, June 2015
- “The program is very good and I think that it covers all of the necessary requirements for the completion of a master’s at the higher academic level. In a general way, it was a pleasurable experience and I learned a lot. I also put a lot of effort and finished my master’s academic studies in less than 2 years”. End of Course Survey, June 2015
- I acquired knowledge on strategic management in telecommunications with the Master. It was well programmed with the adequate study material”. End of Course Survey, June 2015